#crushyourtbr and #boutofbooks just wrapped up and while I didn’t actively push myself to read all the time, or really give it a second thought at all, I managed to read a bunch of books during the week so here’s a little wrap up. May 11th -May 17th,
- Completed Ethics for the New Millennium by The Dalai Lama XIV -I’d started this a few weeks earlier but read the last 150 pages during this past week.
- Barbarian by Lynne Ewing -Turned out to be a total disappointment but fast read so no complaints.
- Runaways vol 3 by Brain k. Vaughan. -I read this out of order so it was strange, but not a waste. I need to go back and check out the first two volumes though. >_<
- Anya’s Ghost by Vera Brosgol – A quick graphic novel that I really enjoyed and hadn’t known would be available in my library.
- Locke and Key, vol 1 by Joe Hill – This was also something I picked up on a whim at the library and it totally threw me for a loop. I had low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
- The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban – I’d dug this out of my TBR jar earlier in the month and finally got around to it. I absolutely loved it and it’s easily my favorite thing I read all week.
So those are the books I actually completed. I wound up reading about 60 pages of The Secret by Rhonda Byrne which I’m now almost finished with. As well as 25 pages of Vicious by V. E. Schwab and 40 pages of The Portable Nietzsche.
All in all I read about 1350 pages and completed 6 books, so I’m really happy with the week. And like I said, I didn’t really push myself, I definitely could have read more, but I’m happy with the results either way. I know that there’s another readathon starting right now, the #readyourbookshelfathon from yesterday the 18th-25th of May.
I still have a number of books that I wanted to get through for the month in my tbr pile and I have a few preorders that have arrived in the past couple of days, so I’m not going to be picking a place on my shelf to read, but I am going to actively try and push myself to read as much as possible this week since I didn’t really for the previous two readathons.
My planned tbr for #RYBSAT is
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Bunheads by Sohpia Flack
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- The Fangirl’s guide to the Galaxy by Sam Maggs
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
I am actually starting to feel better after a solid month of illness so I start back to work this week, which will cut into all the reading time I’ve had, but since I’m feeling better I’m reading faster. Can’t wait to see what I get through and good luck to anyone participating in these, and happy reading. 🙂